If you're like us, you want your Klean Kanteen to be by your side every step of the way, and to transition from your weekday work desk to your long weekend hikes without fail. In order to keep your Klean Kanteen in tip-top shape, we suggest caring for it with some of the following tips. If you're unsure of what the best method for cleaning your Kanteen is, just watch the video above.
- Our Classic and Wide-mouth bottles (in Brushed Stainless finish) are dishwasher safe. As are our pint cup and single-wall food canisters.
- We recommend hand-washing painted and all vacuum insulated bottles, vacuum insulated tumblers and vacuum-insulated canisters.
- For thorough cleaning, you can use warm, soapy water and a bottle brush. We also recommend an old-fashioned cleaner: mixing water and baking soda making a nice thick paste.
- If your bottle or cap seems to be retaining flavors or smells, use diluted vinegar and soak them in it overnight. NOTE: the Stainless Unibody Bamboo Cap should not be soaked or immersed.
- All Kid Kanteen and Classic caps (except the Stainless Unibody Bamboo Caps) and all Wide caps are dishwasher safe. The Café Cap is dishwasher safe and the rotating piece on the top also pops out for thorough cleaning.
- The original Stainless Loop and Flat Caps must be handwashed because they were constructed with two materials: stainless steel (threads) and polypropylene (top), because of such they must be handwashed to ensure that water doesn’t work itself into the stainless cavity.