It can always be a bit of an adjustment getting back into the swing of things when the first day of school arrives. Lunch prep procrastination is a great way to ensure a bunch of single-use waste goes straight from your kiddo's lunchbox into the landfill. To help you put together a proper plan, here are ten great #BringYourOwn lunch tips from Zero-Waste Chef.
- Come up with a menu
- Go shopping
- Prepare what you can on Sunday night
- Get a reusable bottle and fill it with water
- Buy some stainless steel containers
- Remember glass jars are your friend
- Pack real cutlery
- Pack a cloth napkin
- Find a reusable lunchbox or bag
- Bring home the scraps for compost
For more details on making each one of these back to school tips a success, check out Zero-Waste Chef’s great post about #BringYourOwn lunches.
We would like to extend a huge THANK YOU to Zero-Waste Chef for creating such a delicious resource for those looking to reduce their impact while eating well!